* stay 3 nights at a fabulous country “experience” hotel
* enjoy 2 hikes through gorges and dramatic limestone formations
* e-bike along the coast of Sardinia with views over the sea
* easy kayak on the Cedrino and Bosa rivers past colorfully painted houses
* taste delicious wines and enjoy the cuisine on both islands
* spend an afternoon on a sailboat through the gorgeous Maddalena islands
* relax on the beach in front of your hotels in both Sardinia and Corsica
* visit a 2,500-year-old stone tower in Sardinia and a megalithic site in Corsica
* drive the “Calanques” coastal road past pinnacles of red rock formations in Corsica
* hike between lovely hilltop towns with sweeping views over the sea
8 lunches and 2 dinners; drinks other than water at meals; and anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Days 1-3: Welcome to Sardinia!
Make your way independently to the port city of Olbia, which has flight connections from Rome and a few other European hubs. We’ll transfer you to your wonderful home for the next three nights, a unique “experience hotel” set in a lush garden setting. From there we embark on a dramatic hike through a narrow gorge, take a lazy kayak trip down a clear-water river, see one of the most famous hilltop towns, and enjoy a special cooking demonstration by some local women. 3 nights near Oliena.
Days 4-6: Eastern Sardinian Coast
Head east across the island today and spend the next three days exploring fascinating Neolithic sites, colorful port towns, and wide sandy beaches. We’ll e-bike along the coast and then do another easy river kayak trip before sampling some of the local wine. Cap off your Sardinia experience with a day out on a sailboat! Overnight Alghero and Santa Teresa di Gallura.
Days 7-10: Bonjour, Corsica!
A short ferry takes you across the narrow channel dividing Sardinia and Corsica. Disembark at the foot of the white cliffs of Bonifacio and head north along the coast to our next lodging overlooking another wide sandy beach north of Ajaccio. Over the next four days we have some marvelous walks in both rocky and coastal terrain. You’ll see the dramatic Calenques red-rock formations near Piana and the elegant port-town of Calvi, famous for its Genoese castle. Overnight near Cargèse and Calvi.
Day 11: Tour Ends in Bastia, Corsica
It’s a 2-hour drive to the city of Bastia so we will arrange for ONE group transfer to the airport, arriving around 11 a.m. (or timed for the group’s arrangements). Bastia is well connected to Paris by air and to Livorno (on the Tuscan coast) by ferry.