* explore the island’s lively capital, Cagliari
* enjoy hiking through gorges and past dramatic limestone formations
* half-day easy river kayaking
* taste delicious wines and enjoy the cuisine of the island
* exciting daily walks to see natural and archaeological sites
* relax on a quartz sand beach on the west coast of the island
* visit a 3,000-year-old “nuraghe” stone tower complex
* stay 2 nights at a fabulous country “experience” hotel
6 lunches and 1 dinner; drinks other than water at meals; and anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Day 1: Independent arrival in Cagliari
Meet in the hotel lobby at 4 pm for a guided visit of the city including a short stop at the fabulous archeological museum. It’s a great stop on its own but it’s also a perfect introduction to the island’s history and culture that we’re going to see throughout the week. Afterwards, enjoy a welcome drink and dinner al fresco. Overnight Cagliari.
Days 2-3: The Center of the island
Head inland for 2 days of history, hiking and adventures in the island’s interior, with visits to extraordinary archaeological sites, a trip to a high plateau where wild horses live, some delicious food experiences, and overnight at a beautiful country hotel with pool and spa.
Days 4-5: The West Coast
Head west and explore the coastal area around the Sinis Peninsula, which has been inhabited since ancient times. We’ll also bask on gold and rose quartz sand beaches and try some interesting local liquors at an innovative distillery. Stay two nights at a fabulous hotel spread over a variety of restored elegant homes and villas.
Daya 6 -7: The Eastern Side
Continue east for some gorgeous hiking, river kayaking, and relaxing downtime at a fabulous hotel set amidst a verdant garden. The landscape and traditions change with every new destination, and you’ll taste new food and wine as you go.
Day 8 Sept 23: Transfer to Olbia and Departures
We offer one final transfer to the Olbia airport this morning after breakfast for flights or ferries onward.